Monday, October 29, 2012

Signs

I am all about signs.  What I mean by that is, whether it's an object that crosses your path that reminds you to do something, or seeing something or someone that is reminder of someone or something else.  Does that make sense?  When Matt and I were trying get pregnant w/ little Dominic, that's all I saw were pregnant bellies everywhere.  When I purchased my 1st "big girl" car, that's all I saw on the road....Chevy Equinox's!  Or for others, it's like butterflies, other objects that confirm someone or something is watching over them...those kinda signs.

Other signs...signs from God.  Yes.  I am back on this again.  I don't know what my freaking hang up is with just going to church.  For me, in all honesty, I don't feel that it's neccessary to go to church to have faith, BUT I want to go.  I want to feel the way I did when I went with my grandmother.  I'm scared, there's no hiding that.  I'm an adult and know I won't get bullied but I also don't want to look dumb either and that is a serious fear on my end.  I don't want to be the new kid in Bible study and people eyeing me and thinking..."she doesn't know that Psalm?"  I know, it's so stupid, but it's true.  I feel like I should know the basics and I've been so out of touch I fear that most of it's forgotten.  I just have to stop making excuses and just go.  Just like running.  I was always making excuses and now look at me.... a running machine :)

My point for today is this.  Matt is usually the one who grabs the mail when he comes home.  On my days off I try to get it but at times I don't get to it because I'm too busy in the house with Dominic and/or I forget.  This past Friday, I was at the mailbox 3 times checking to see if my mailbox was full.  Why?  I have NO clue!  It's not like I had a package or a letter that I'd been waiting for!  I even thought it was wierd.  Why the heck are you going out there?!  Before I go into what I received........

I expected with the new full school year Dominic would get the sniffles.... aaaaand shonuff' Dominic had them and then some!!  He's fine now but for about a month he was doing nothing but coughing, sneezing... the freakin' works!!  I'd been doing over-the-counter stuff for a while then it got worse. I ended up taking him to the peds office twice!  He was finally put on an antibiotic and we were also given a nebulizer (breathing treatment machine). 

So... onto my sign.....from God.  The reason why, I think, I kept going to the mailbox because something was telling me to.


The company that we received the nebulizer from, sent a letter thanking me for choosing them and it went into the company's history.  I won't type out the whole thing, but in a nutshell:

"Orsini is a Christ-centered healthcare organization that walks steadily on Faith and strives each day to carry out the healing mission of Jesus Christ.  Our mission is very important to us, so we wanted to take this time to share it with you:

We are full service healthcare company that has dedicated our heart and soul to acting justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with all those who have entrusted us to care for their lives.

Personally, I believe in the power of prayer and that miracles are possible when you put your faith in the hands of Jesus Christ."

It was signed by the CEO and enclosed was a prayer request card for me to fill out and they would add the person's name to their daily prayer list to keep them in their prayers.

Sign.

And on the card, was this:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 4:6-7

If this isn't a sign... I don't know what is!!  I will be filling out said card but I mean really?!!?  I seriously almost started crying as I read the letter and the card.  When we get junk mail sometimes just looking at the envelope is enough for me to know it's crap in there and I toss into the recycling bin.  I didn't this time and I'm glad...



No comments:

Post a Comment